Beaulieu Parish, located in the south-east corner of the New Forest National Park, is an unspoilt area at the head of the tidal reaches of the Beaulieu River. Beaulieu village, itself, centring around the high street, has not changed very much over the years: the village centre has remained compact with red brick houses consisting of a variety of shops, homes and businesses. There has been little outlying development in recent times, although many may notice modern uses of old buildings. Beaulieu has a primary school, post office, village hall and parish church and cricket pitch. There are approximately 350 properties in the parish, the majority of which are privately owned. The 7000 acre Beaulieu Estate covers much of the parish and the Montagu family have lived here since 1538.
Beaulieu is very active, with a number of different clubs and societies, ranging from the Jellytots Playgroup to the Horticultural Society.